The Stratton Legacy

This is the story of my legacy family, the Stratton's. I hope you all enjoy!!!

Friday, September 21, 2007

(Chapter Two) Starting a Family of My Own

Fresh out of college I couldn't wait to start my life. Man, did I pick hideous clothes to do it in, or what??? (Believe it or not, it took me a while to change them, too. lol)

I immediately began to work on starting my career. Luckily I quickly found a job in my desired profession, Journalism. (I don't remember what he started out at but it was fairly high up.)


I had earned enough extra money at SSU to build a somewhat small, but comfortable home. It wasn't much but I was definitely far better off than some horror stories I'd heard of freshly graduated Sims living on their lawns. I couldn't imagine...



I quickly impressed my boss and became a Media Magnate in no time. I was saving money and looking forward to asking Suzanne to be my Bride.



Without wasting any time I called Suzanne and asked her to dinner at the finest restaurant in town - Londoste. I placed the recently purchased box on the table. (I guess it couldn't have been to fine - looks like they forgot to pay their heating bill because Mark NEVER took off his winter wear!)



Suzanne had a look of surprise on her face.



"Oh Mark! It's so beautiful!!!"



She put it on her finger and exclaimed, "YES! YES! YES! Of course I'll marry you!"



Full of love and hope we toasted to the life we were just beginning.


Suzanne and I had a small but intimate ceremony. We invited our closest friends from college and of course I'd invited my Urele-Oresha-Cham brothers.

Everyone was so happy for us. They couldn't have been as happy as me. The whole day was filled with promise.

Suzanne had gotten everything she'd dreamed of. I couldn't imagine her looking more beautiful.

What a happy day! Everything was so perfect and we had so much to look forward to. We were married... how soon before we expanded our family? Only time would tell...

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Small house?? lol, I wish my house was that big! how did you end up with that much money to spend? I didnt know u could ask someone to marry you across the table which expansion pack did that come with?

    I am looking forward to the babies, I love babies, my sims always end up with loads I cant help myself but I am gonna be strict with Ernest

     
  • At Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:28:00 AM, Blogger HappySimmer10 said…

    Well it might look small but it was really only like 3 rooms. LOL I did get lucky because he worked some in college, but as soon as he graduated and moved into the lot one of his chance cards earned him like $27,000 (if I remember correctly). And he moved up the ladder pretty quickly since he got most of his skills built up in college and had about 14 friends. I was one short of the bonus point! :( Oh well...

    If I'm not mistaken, I believe the "surprise engagement" came with Nightlife. Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

    Oh I know!!! I get carried away with the babies too. I tell myself I'm only going to have 1 or 2 but then end up having like 6 or more. Geez!!! :) Thanks for reading & thanks for the comments!

     
  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:01:00 AM, Blogger annej5 said…

    Oh come on Megan, Ernest produces beautiful babies. The more the better. :)

    Mark looks familiar, can't think of who he reminds me of. Anyway, still enjoying the story, will read on. :)

    Annie

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 3:40:00 AM, Blogger suzie sim said…

    sheesh - they really treat the college grads to the worst threads they can scrape up, don't they? lol! Cute house tho, and I love that they start half way up their career ladder. *nods*
    Woot - congrats on the successful engagement & wedding! It's so cool to see the Frat house boys all dressed up & out for the day! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home