The Stratton Legacy

This is the story of my legacy family, the Stratton's. I hope you all enjoy!!!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

(Chapter 10) The Next Generation

I, Maddox, the first heir of the Stratton household, was enjoying being an adult and out of college. One of my favorite things was going out to clubs and dancing. I'd met a few women I like to talk to and even flirt with. But never anyone special.


Until one night when I saw one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen across from me at the bar. I knew I had to go over and talk to her. And so I did. Her name was Viola and she was single. We hit if off and spent every moment of the next several weeks together. It didn't take me long to ask her to move in with me. Thankfully she said yes.

And soon I asked her to marry me. Of course Viola's answer was yes! My family was very happy. Finally I would be able to start working on the next generation's heir or heiress.


My sister Stephanie invited us over to the birthday of my nephew Kevin. Viola was nervous because it was the first time she'd met the whole entire family. There was no need to be though, everyone loved her.


The next big family event was at our wedding. How sad it was going to be that neither one of my parents would be there for one of the happiest days of my life? I was blessed to have my sisters and my twin brother there to support me.


Everyone was happy - it was an awesome day!

We appreciated any occassion that allowed us to dress up and get together.

Viola was a beautiful bride and we couldn't have been more ecstatic. We opted not to go on a honeymoon for several reasons. We wanted to save money and start working on our careers. But more importantly we both wanted to get cracking on starting our family.

We wasted no time. We decided that there were lots of babies who needed homes and parents who would love them and take care of them. We adopted our daughter, Rebecca.
What a happy day! Our beautiful little angel arrived!
Viola decided maybe it would be better if she waited on starting a career. We both agreed that family was the most important thing and she should stay home with Rebecca. And I think both my girls were more than happy with this arrangement.

I spent as much time with Rebecca as I could. I couldn't wait for when I would walk through the door and get to snuggle my child. She was growing so fast.
Too fast for Viola too. She was very sad when it came time to celebrate Rebecca's first birthday. Where did the time always fly to?
Viola baked a cake and held Rebecca up to "blow" the candles out.
In normal Stratton fashion, time once again flew at warp speed.
Here we are again at Rebecca's birthday.
Once again I held her up to make a wish and blow out the candles.

What a beautiful little girl our Rebecca had become. And smart too! She loved school and making new friends. But more than anything she wanted a baby brother or sister. Or a puppy, but we told her we would discuss that if she kept her grades up.


Her wish was soon granted when Viola told me we were pregnant.

It was early in the morning when Viola went into labor... I was filled with excitement as we were about to welcome our second bundle of joy into the world!

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:04:00 PM, Blogger Marcie said…

    Ooo! You ended with a good cliff hanger. Viola is a pretty woman. Rebecca is such a cutie too!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh boy, a baby! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl or maybe even twins! And Rebecca is too cute! She sure is an adorable little girl, which is surprising since she's Maxis-made! Heehee, love this family!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    woot - good to see the Strattons again! And I'm so glad Maddox found Viola, she's a cutey! :) aww - what a cute baby! but shame on that social worker for not using a proper car seat!! XD (what a great shot, lol!)
    too funny about the sad cake face! Did she do the "what is this?" thing and get all disappointed because it was just a cake? hehe!
    Congrats on the pregnancy - I can't wait to see what they have!

     
  • At Friday, January 25, 2008 11:55:00 PM, Blogger HappySimmer10 said…

    Thanks for reading & commenting Marcie!

    Thanks Mandie - yeah, I was VERY shocked when Rebecca arrived and she was actually adorable. She's the first cute kid I've adopted since I've been playing the sims. :) 'Bout time I guess!

    Thanks to you too, Suzie! I was thinking the baby probably wasn't too safe like that also. I don't remember if Viola did the "what is this" thing or not. I wasn't paying attention until afterwards. LoL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home